World of Warcraft (WOW)

Go down

World of Warcraft (WOW)

Post by Nihonin on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:01 pm

For those of you who don't know I'm a HUGE World of Warcraft fan. I currently play almost exclusively on the server of Azuremyst. I have 6 maxed out toons there. 3 maxed out horde toons, 3 maxed out alliance toons. All of my maxed characters have maxed out primary and secondary professions.
Name, gender Race, class, spec, and professions.

Horde toons are as follows:
Theshennster : Male Tauren Warrior Prot/fury (Engineering/mining)
Dreadshenn : Male Orc Deathknight Frost/Blood (Jewel crafting/Mining)
Shennee : Female Orc mage Frost/arcane (alchemy/herbalism)

Alliance toons are:
Shennanigans : Male Human Warrior, Prot/fury (Blacksmith/Jewel crafting)
Shennshammer: Male Dwarf Palladin Ret/ret (Skinning/mining)
Nihonin: Male Night Elf druid, Feral/balance (Skinning/leather working)

all these my toons also do cooking and fishing. Easy money and easy to level.

I have a couple of other toons that I'm working on for the Alliance side,
Hydenzeke : Female Worgen Rogue Sublety/Combat (engineering/mining)
Hairydresden: Male worgen, Arcane/frost mage (herbalism/alchemy)

I do mostly pvp but am an end game raider.

Looking forward to the next patch "Mists of Panderia"

So hit me up if you are ever finding the itch to play. I'd love to see you on Azuremyst!

As a side note, if you are currently playing and have websites or addons you'd like to share, post them here and we can chat!
Nihonin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Re: World of Warcraft (WOW)

Post by Rune on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 am

Oh how I miss the world of WoW. I stopped playing just before Cataclysm was released, but at the time I had two end-game raiders. I had a female Dranei named Mikaayla, lvl 80 shaman healer. My other toon was Marrvinn, male gnome, lvl 80 arcane mage.

My time with WoW was interesting to me because I started with a warrior (back in the Burning Crusade days) and leveled him up to max of 70. It wasn't until after hitting lvl 70 that I learned I shouldn't pull all my talent points into one tree. So I researched talent specs, and viola! All of a sudden I was a bad-ass dps machine.

After hooking up with a friend I worked with, he convinced me to try prot, and be a tank. It was fun, but kinda difficult in large groups.

One day I rolled my mage, and never looked back. Spellcasting was the way to go. I ran Frostfire for a while, then switched to arcane after seeing another mage destroy my dps numbers. My wife and I (both playing gnome mages) topped the dps charts of every raid we were in...it was glorious!

Once again, on a bored, late night...I rolled my shaman. I learned a passion for playing a healer. I even leveled her as resto for the most part. Only switching to elemental in dire need of that extra dps boost. Once again, I was topping the charts (among the healers, anyway). Especially after switching from Healbot to Vuhdo. Plus, everyone loves having a shammie in the group!

I do miss playing, but I simply do not have the hours to dedicate to it anymore. Between working 10-12 hours a day, and trying to spend time with my family, it just doesn't fit in anymore.

Maybe one day, when my little girl, Zoe, is older I'll give it another go...

Admin
Admin

http://therustyaxe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihonin on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Amazing. To me warrior tanking is the most fun of the bunch. It takes a little getting used to, but once you do it's all kinds of fun. Lots of "weaponry" if you will. I can understand about the Mage. I LOVE my mage. She hits some seriously silly numbers as arcane. But alas, I can understand the time constraints as WOW is definitely a time vampire.

Would have loved to run with you & the wifey. One day maybe you, rayne, Zoe, my son and I can all run together.

With the advent of "REAL ID" you can run with your friends even if you are on different servers. No raid capability yet, but you can run dungeons together.
Nihonin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:41 am

That would be pretty sweet. If you're a tank, I'm healz, and Rayne is dps, then we'd only have to pick up a couple more dps (which is a lot easier than finding tanks or healz) and let the fun ensue! Of course, I'd have to talk Rayne into playing again as well...that would be a challenge. lol

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihonin on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:23 pm

Well, my son is a DPS so we'd only have to pug one other. But yes, I think that would be totally amazing.

Speaking of which, why haven't I seen your wife posting yet??
Nihonin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:48 pm

I haven't actually told her about it yet. I was waiting to see if it went anywhere before that. Embarassed

Is your realm PvE or PvP? I Re-activated my account yesterday. I don't know if I could start over on a new realm though. I've gotten accustomed to bank rolling my lower toons so they always have enchants and good gear, etc. Starting from scratch would be really difficult! Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihonin on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Azuremyst is PVE, and dont' worry. If you rolled a toon on my server, poverty is not an issue Smile
Nihonin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Well, there's not much keeping me on zangarmarsh at the moment, so I just may...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihonin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:33 am

Sweet. Well, we have a family guild on the alliance side where the whole family is, and I'm in a guild on the horde side as well. Just let me know either way and I'll get you the hookup if you decide to come on over.
Nihonin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:17 pm

you should send me your realID. I created a shammy on your realm named Faisrohl.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihonin on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:25 am

I got the request and saw you one day, but you didn't respond. Hopefully I can hook you up Smile

See you there.
Nihonin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:28 pm

What toon was I on? Smetimes I'm not too great about watching the chat window if I'm elbow deep in a quest or 5-man.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihonin on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:56 am

You were on Marrvin. (sp)

But no worries. You finally looked at the chat window. Smile
Nihonin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:52 pm

My drood is already up to Lvl 19. Healing with him is fun, but still a bit challenging at low level. I am excited to see how it plays at higher levels. Looks like it will be a pretty good healer. The. Reliance on HoTs is much higher than with my shammy, but it works well.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihonin on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Druid healing is amazing. I've always enjoyed running with druid healers. Smile Hots are amazing. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'm glad you are having fun with WoW again Smile

I should be 85 on my rogue later this week. That is surely one fun class. And yes, I won't call you Shirly.
Nihonin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down