The Rusty Axe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audio Books

2 posters

Go down

Audio Books Empty Audio Books

Post by Onix Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:49 pm

OK it's not reading but it's being read to.
The last two books that I listen to were;

The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth. That was an excellent thriller in the style of Tom Clancy without the jumping around from one character to another. The plot was VERY plausible and the tidbits of history were injected to give this book more credibility. I would score this Solid 4 out of 5.

The second book I endured was The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I say endure because It Sucked big time. the man wrote this story for what I think an audience of 6 grader. My intelligence was insulted several times.
I will only give this a 1 out of 5 because the potential for a really good movie is there (with major editing).
Onix
Onix

Back to top Go down

Audio Books Empty Re: Audio Books

Post by Nihonin Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:34 am

Unfortunately for me I don't have enough time for audio books. If I have the time, I'll actually read one. I don't commute to work more than 10 min so it would take me years to finish an audio book.

However, I'll definitely give The Lost Symbol a shot. Usually Dan Brown's books are well written. but I will go into this one with no super high expectations.

Do you believe that an audio book can be great or shite due to the person narrating it? Or does that not make a difference to you. Me personally, if the narrator sucks, I won't listen.
Nihonin
Nihonin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum